You spoke. We listened.
Here at Lebanon Transit, we know that your day is riding on us. That’s why we are making changes to our routes and schedules, so you can get to more places more often.
We are working hard to get everything ready to go soon, so right now we do not have a specific launch date. Current routes and timetables are still in place. But keep checking back here for more updates.
Here are the changes you can expect:
- ROUTE 1: Extends service to the Lebanon Expo Center and North Cornwall Commons; Eliminates Oak and 22nd Streets and instead loops from Walnut Street down Chestnut Street (to accommodate the forthcoming Chestnut View Apartments).
- ROUTE 2: Remains interlined with Route 3 until return to 30-minute service; Crosses the railroad on 9th Street (outbound) and 10th Street (inbound), instead of on 8th Street to avoid rail delays.
- ROUTE 3: Eliminates portion of route on 7th Street; instead traveling north on 9th Street to avoid rail delays.
- ROUTE 4: Adds stop at Weis Markets east of Lebanon City, while eliminating stop at ALDI (served by Route 17); Eliminates portion of route on 3rd Avenue and Pershing, instead utilizing 5th Avenue.
- ROUTE 6: Eliminates service near Lebanon High School; Eliminates portion of route on Oak Street and Lincoln Avenue. Operates both ways on State Drive to/from Lebanon VA Medical Center, where it makes a complete loop of the campus.
- ROUTE 8 (Saturday Only!): Eastbound (return) trip from Hershey will use Rt. 422 to provide service to downtown Hershey.
- ROUTE 16: Eliminates service to Hollywood Casino; remainder of route remains the same, except time saving here allows additional trips and more destinations on Route 16C (below).
- ROUTE 16C: Increases the number of trips each day; Serves Lebanon Walmart first after departing Transfer Station; Adds service to Lebanon Plaza (Kohl’s, etc.); Utilizes Rt. 72 for north-south bound and Lehman Street for east-west bound, eliminating portions of route on 16th Street and Walnut Street.
- ROUTE 17: Connects with Route 2 at Lebanon Walmart, no longer extending to Weis (served by Route 4); Bypasses the Schneider Drive Park-and-Ride; Adds a stop at ALDI; Utilizes 9th Street out of the Transfer Station instead of 4th Street to avoid rail delays.
- Route SS will become Route 7.
And please keep in mind that Lebanon Transit is a flag stop service, and will continue to be so. If you are along the bus route (excluding Express Service), simply wave to signal the driver to stop. The bus will stop at the closest safe spot to allow you to board. Be sure you are standing on the correct side of the road for your direction of travel.